Should I get an Instant Pot is question some people are asking. Instant Pot is becoming a household staple in every kitchen. It became popular due to the many kitchen task it can do. Instant Pot replaces these kitchen appliances: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, egg cooker, sauté, steamer, warmer, sterilizer and it makes cake too.
Benefits of Instant Pot
- It is convenient. Consistent cooking results are always achieved with the one-button operation keys or you can also use manual setting. With its Intelligent Programming, Automatic Cooking and Delayed Cooking it is definitely very convenient to use. It can perform most of the kitchen task like cooking
- Multigrain rice
- Meat & Stew
- Beans & Chili
- Steaming, and
- Slow Cook
- Keep warm
- Yogurt (with Pasteurize and Fermented Rice (Jiu Niang))
- Cooks Healthy Nutritious Meals
With pressure cooking, it can cook flavorful meals. It softens the food and at the same time it retains the vitamins and minerals. Meals are always made in a consistent fashion.
- Equipped with Safety Features
It is certified by UL/ULC and is made by the #1 electric pressure cooker manufacturer. It has 10 level of safety protections.
In the past most pressure cooker disasters were attributed to user error.
They are equipped with patented pressure sensor technology that regulate the pressure in the inner pot while the stove-top pressure cooker uses the weight of pressure regulator on the lid to limit the cooking pressure.
- It is Energy Efficient saving at least 70% of electricity compared to other cooking appliances. Instant pot uses high temperature thus food is cooked rapidly. It is fully insulated and sealed so energy is concentrated in cooking the food.
- Instant pot is quiet compared to the conventional pressure cooker that rattles, releases steam and spits liquid. Instant pot does not release steam nor liquid keeping your kitchen clean. It can replace many kitchen appliances thus saving you money and counter space.
By now with these benefits you can probably answer your question – should i get an instant pot.
Does Instant Pot have Teflon?
Instant pot does not have Teflon non-stick coating instead it is made of a very easy to clean 304 stainless steel.
What is the difference between the Plus and Ultra Version?
Ultra version has a few added functions compared to the Plus version.
How many can a 3, 6, and 8 quarts serve?
3 quarts – serves 2 to 3 individuals. Ideal for single servings or side dishes
6 quarts – serves 4 to 6 people
8 quarts – serves large families over 6 people
Print the Instant Pot Model Comparison Table.
Can you brown food in an Instant Pot?
Yes, use the saute feature to brown the food.
Does it have a pressure release valve?
Yes, it does.
Can you cook frozen meat?
Yes, you can cook frozen pork, beef or chicken.
Should I Get an Instant Pot - Shop for Instant Pot
Instant Pot DUO Plus 3 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Instant Pot LUX80 8 Qt 6-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer
Instant Pot IP-LUX60 v2 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart 1000-Watt
- 6-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker–Pressure Cooker, Saute/Browning, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer & Warmer
- Capacity: 6L/6.33 Qt, Power rating: 1000W, Voltage: 110v/60Hz, Gross weight: 14.57 pounds ; Refer User Manual page -17 for Trouble shooting steps